Kashan Handicraft Tour for Textile Enthusiasts
- Duration (Hour)3
- Departure PointAt your accommodation
- Visiting the hand woven fabric workshop.
- Visiting the historical house of Tabatabei.
Photos of the Tour
- Package 1
Select Preferred Date
Group Size And Pricing
Hotel pick up
Hotel drop off
The prosperity of Kashan in the medieval era
depended on the road connecting two ends of the world. For centuries, precious
fabrics of silk and velvet were traded between nations. Now, pieces of these
treasures are found in the well-known museums across the world. Kashan has so much to offer for textile
lovers, designers and weavers. Join us in this tour and experience a guided
visit to Sharbafi (silk textile craft) workshop and Tabatabaei historical house.
What To Expect
We pick you up at your accommodation and start
our tour to one of the oldest workshops which produces hand-woven silk
textiles, sharbafi, in Kashan. These hand-woven silk fabrics used to be objects
of favor for the kings. After being presented with an introduction to the art
of Sharbafi and gaining enough knowledge about the structure of the loom, we will
observe the real weaving techniques for producing this textile. The patterns of
these fabrics are improvised and you can enjoy the spontaneous play of color
and thread and take them home as a souvenir. Then, we walk in the old neighborhoods of
Kashan to visit one of the most beautiful houses of the city, Tabatabei house.
- You can buy clothes made of these hand woven fabrics in the workshop.
- The working hours of the workshop are from 8:00 AM to 12:00 and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Bookings missed or cancelled within determined hours will incur a strike against participants as below charges:
- Before 48 hrs: 25%
- Before 24 hrs: 50%
- Within 24 hrs: non-refundable