2 Persian Gardens You Must Visit in a Yazd Tour
Photos of the Tour
- Package 1
Select Preferred Date
Group Size And Pricing
InclusionsFood and Drink
Hotel pick up
Hotel drop off
Yazd, the city of historical domes and mudbrick walls, has
been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage city. It is the only city in Iran
housing two UNESCO registered Persian gardens; Dolatabad and Pahlavanpour. These
pretty gardens invite you to admire the Iranian ingenuity and art. The coming
together of greenery, sunlight, irrigation and architecture in a symmetrical composition
distinguished them from other typical gardens around the
is also home to ancient cisterns and outstanding wind towers. Join us in this
tour to travel to Yazd and its historical neighborhood, Mehriz, to explore the
significant elements of desert architecture.
What To Expect
We pick you up at your accommodation in Yazd. We
start our journey from one of the UNESCO registered sites, Dolat Abad garden,
built in Zand era. This residential-governmental garden holds the loftiest wind
tower in Iran. The quadrilateral plan of the garden, resembling paradise on
Earth, was innovated in the Achaemenid era by Iranians. Ranked as the first
country with most Qanats (water cisterns), Iran is also a pioneer in inventing
this intelligent technique. The
construction of Qanats spread across the world from southeast Arabia to central
Asia and North Africa.
On this tour, we will visit one of the most
well-known cisterns of Yazd, Shesh Badgir Ab Anbar (Six Wind Towers Cistern). Then we head to Mehriz to
visit the largest pomegranate garden in the Middle East, the
origin of the 700-year-old Qanat of Dowlat Abad, a 2000-year-old cypress tree
and the UNESCO recognized 19th century
Pahlavanpour garden in Mehriz. We head toward Saryazd castle to visit its
- A cozy café sits on the eastern corner of the Dowlat Abad Garden.
- You can enjoy sitting in a café- restaurant and a museum in Pahlavanpour garden.
- Mehriz County boats other historical and natural attractions such as Kouh-e Rig which is believed by Local people that walking on Kouh-e Rig may cure the joint pains. You can order Mehriz tour if you want a complete guided visit to Mehriz.
- Bookings missed or cancelled within determined hours will incur a strike against participants as below charges:
- Before 48 hrs: 25%
- Before 24 hrs: 50%
- Within 24 hrs: non-refundable